You have two options for the final project of this course:
- An audiovisual performance done either individually or in a group of 2-3 students. This performance will be livestreamed on Friday, April 9, starting at 16:00. See details below.
- Creating an artwork/artifact/experience for the combined exhibition of Audiovisual Studio and Embodied Interaction courses. The project for the exhibition can also be done either individually or in a group of 2-3 students. This exhibition will be open April 12-18. 2021. See details below.
If you are able to, you can also do both. But I highly recommend focusing only on one thing, unless you know 100% that you are able to manage your time for both. If you do both, you can get a higher number of credits for Audiovisual Studio (up to 6 ECTS total).
The specific requirements depend on if you are just doing this course just on its own or together with Embodied Interaction.
For students who take both Audiovisual Studio and Embodied Interaction
- If you are combining this project with the Embodied Interaction course, your performance needs to include some of the theories, concepts or technologies covered in the Embodied Interaction course (proxemics, gesture recognition, biosensors, tracking technology etc.).
For students who take only Audiovisual Studio
- There are no specific requirements for the interaction or input
Common performance guidelines for everyone
- We are going to create an online event that will be streamed on Twitch or YouTube.
- The stream will physically take place from room R106 in Väre or you can stream your set from home (or somewhere else) if you are able to do so.
- Streaming will ideally happen straight from TouchDesigner. Try to build your own video mixing and and switching network in TD to do the things that you want it to do.
- If you are using some other programming environment or tools, you can also use a combination of VJ tools and software like OBS.
- We cannot use any copyrighted music. So all sound material needs to be either original music created by you or royalty free.
- A recording of the performances will be part of the exhibition.
- You can work individually or in a group of 2-3 students
- The exhibition will take place in Room G203 (and possibly the V1 and V2 galleries).
- The dates are April 12-18
- Your work needs to be ready and installed before Friday, April 9th at 15:00.