The course is divided into three weeks.
- During the first week, we will build some simple circuits and on Friday we should have a simple noisemaker sequencer.
- On the second week, we will be introduced to the Arduino microcontroller and we will build a simple robotic car.
- During the third week, you can create your own project, or expand the things we made in the previous weeks.
What’s in Your Kit?
You have a little box of goodies for the course. Here is a list of the important things that you should have.
You will get more parts throughout the course when we need them.
In your kit (make sure that these parts get returned back at the end of the course)
- Parts box
- Small parts container
- Arduino Uno
- USB cable
- Breadboard (830 points)
- Battery holder for 5xAA batteries
- DC power adapter (2.1mm to screw terminal)
- Ultrasonic sensor HC-SR04
- 470Ω resistor
- 10 kΩ resistor
- 10kΩ Potentiometer
- Light dependent resistor (aka LDR, photocell, light sensor)
- 100 µF capacitor
- 10 µF capacitor
- 1 µF capacitor
- 0.1 µF capacitor
- PN2222 general purpose transistor (NPN)
- TIP120 darlington transistor (NPN)
- 7805 5V voltage regulator
- 1N4148 small signal diode
- 1N5819 Schottky diode
- Qwiic Shield
- Qwiic 200mm cable
- Qwiic jumper wire cable
Each day we will go through some specific components, I will try to always list the parts used for each day.
- Basic Components (today we will mainly use things found in the basic components list)